Comments

7 Comments

1. Mark Boucher
    Mark Boucher July 6, 2013 at 12:19 PM .

After reading through it I have a better understanding as to why you took so long to write such an important book. Eddie wanted to make sure that the message remained biblical and close to his heart.
    I love Eddie’s God as a father perspective. It does not excuse us for our sins, but simply reassures that God as our heavenly father wants to mend a relationship that has been broken.
    This book really meshes with my own walk with God, but now thanks to Eddie’s words I will have a better grasp on how to share the Holy Spirit when trying to explain to people why I believe God is a loving father and not a judge.
    I just thought I would send this encourage people to read this amazing books and to thank Eddie for taking the time to write it.

God’s son and Eddie’s honorary son,

2. Cynthia Fowler
    Cynthia Fowler September 21, 2013 at 8:40 AM .

My way of relating to God has forever changed after reading this book ! I look at God as my loving father whom will always be there for me. Thank you Edie for writing this book!

3. Terry Myers
    Terry Myers October 4, 2013 at 5:00 PM .

I am enjoying reading ur book–is giving me food for thot–I believ we are born innocent & pure & not born w/sin–my religious upbringing instilled in me that God is punitive God & one must walk the straight/narrow-I also was instilled that God is to be feared

4. Lloyd Mackey
    Lloyd Mackey October 20, 2013 at 6:49 PM .

The parts of the book I have read show a clear and congenial communication of the gospel, with full respect to other perspectives and without the overmarketing or condescending stances that sometimes emerge.

5. Brian McAuley
    Brian McAuley October 23, 2013 at 9:33 PM .

This book for me was like someone just opened the door of an old abandoned cabin and let the fresh air in. Having wrestled with the idea of a God that we desperately fight to please, Eddie has open my eyes to a fresh reality of who God really is – a loving father who will go to any length to have relationship with us. False beliefs have been struck down with truth. Whenever I catch myself falling back into ‘God as judge”, I’m reminded of the timeless truths and freedom found in this soon to be classic book.

6. Beverly Sotropa
    Beverly Sotropa October 26, 2013 at 9:44 PM .

I just read your book. How can I express the gratefulness I have that you went on this journey and took the time to document it with such clarity?

Your writing is simple yet profound, your thinking deep but understandable. You communicated for me what I could not express and provided a perspective that resonates with my inner being. Thank you.

I hope that many, many people have the opportunity to have their perspectives challenged and changed by reading this book.. their internal struggles affirmed and resolved through reading this book.

Thank you.

7. June smith
    June smith May 20, 2014 at 9:43 AM .

Hey, Eddie, Your blogs are so interesting and I read your fist chapter. I am so happy that you and Kathy are doing so well. I am putting my house for sale and will be moving to Burlington.
    You have such a refreshing new perspective on how some portions of scripture. It is food for thought.