- Pinholes of God’s Light through Obedience November 2, 2016In today’s entry for My Utmost for His Highest, Chambers has a way of being challenging and comforting at the same time. On the one hand, he challenges us to obey Christ out of our love for him by giving up our rights to ourselves. On the other hand, he comforts us by calling our […]
- Suffering and Expectations March 17, 2016Life is uncomfortable. Our business is dominating our lives and finances and bookkeeping are driving me crazy. At the office we’re constantly dealing with problems with scheduling and employee and marketing issues. There is no joy in what we’re doing any more. We need a few “God winks” moments to build our faith that God […]
- Doing God’s Will While Making a Living February 22, 2016In today’s My Utmost for His Highest entry, Chambers says, “If our hopes seem to be experiencing disappointment right now, it simply means that they are being purified. Every hope of dream of the human mind will be fulfilled if it is noble and of God … Continue to persevere spiritually.” There are two things […]
- Be Holy Now (Don’t Wait for Purity) January 31, 2016Our calling as Christians is to be separated—made holy—to proclaim the good news of redemption in Christ, not just to learn human goodness and a moral life, which are the effect, not cause, of redemption I thought about being set aside for the proclamation of the gospel. I think of the analogy of an earthen […]
- Receiving from God January 17, 2016I just read the first three lessons in Andrew Murray’s With Christ in the School of Prayer. Andrew Murray is a master in prayer. He set up orphanages in England as a pioneer without asking anyone except God for support. If anyone understands prayer, Andrew Murray does. Murray’s first lesson is we must start with worship that can be […]
What Readers Say
How DO you reconcile the character of God as a disciplined Judge who would send people to Hell, and God as a loving Father full of compassion and forgiveness?Terry Bridle (Christian Radio Producer)
About the Author
Eddie grew up in Hong Kong under a mixture of eastern and western religious influences. Becoming a Christian in Toronto in 1978, he later completed the core requirements of the Master of Theological Studies degree at Tyndale University College and Seminary. He and his wife Kathy have been married for thirty-eight years and have two children, Jason and Irene. Eddie and Kathy now make their home in Ottawa.
Respond to the Book
June smith: Hey, Eddie, Your blogs are so interesting and I read your fist chapter. I am so happy that you and Kathy are doing so [...]
Beverly Sotropa: I just read your book. How can I express the gratefulness I have that you went on this journey and took the time to document [...]
Brian McAuley: This book for me was like someone just opened the door of an old abandoned cabin and let the fresh air in. Having wrestled [...]
1. What About Those Who Have Never Heard?
2. What About God’s Sentence of Judgement in Genesis? DOWNLOAD FREE!
3. What About the Punishments in Genesis 3?
4. What About the Laws in the Old Testament?
5. What About Justice in the Bible?
6. What About God’s Wrath?
7. What About God’s Punishment for Sin?
8. What About “All Have Sinned” and “The Wages of Sin”?
9. What About Final Judgment in Hebrews 9:27?
10. What About Hell? DOWNLOAD FREE!
11. What About the Suffering Messiah in Isaiah 53?
12. What About Blood and Forgiveness in Hebrews 9:22?
13. What About Christ’s Death on the Cross?
14. So What?