- Hurricanes, Earthquakes, and Wild Fires October 12, 2017I’ve read up to 1 King 19. Elijah feared for his life and complained about being the lone follower of YHWH. God revealed himself to him not through a great and strong wind that “tore into the mountain and broke the rocks in pieces” (v.11), nor in an earthquake, nor in a fire. “After the […]
- King David’s Dependency on God September 19, 2017I’ve read up to 2 Samuel 22. After putting down Absalom’s rebellion, David had to continue to consolidate his rule through more wars and rebellions. Joab turned out to be a ruthless and capable soldier and commander, David’s proverbial hatchet man. Chapter 22 is essentially a psalm of praise from David, who saw himself blameless […]
- Listening to God’s Voice August 29, 2017Read in 1 Samuel 17-18 about David and Goliath and David’s subsequent rise to prominence in spite of Saul’s jealous wrath. The unfolding of history was along the will of God, which was to make David king after Saul. Somehow all the actors were acting out of their own volitions. The narrative told us David […]
- Samuel, King Saul, David, Free Will, and God August 28, 2017I was discussing with some friends last week about “open theology”, which teaches that God has chosen to not know what decisions humans will make. God decides to allow free will without God’s foreknowledge. Since God is also omnipresent, omniscient, and omnipotent, nothing we do so surprises God that God wrings his hands in confusion […]
- God’s Love Expressed Through a Servant–Ron Allan August 25, 2017In reading through the Bible, I’ve read up to 1 Samuel 10. Saul was anointed as Israel’s first king. It’s interesting how God facilitated Saul’s appointment even though it’s against God’s will for Israel, whom God called His People. Perhaps this sets the principle of parenting children who are old enough to know how to […]
What Readers Say
How DO you reconcile the character of God as a disciplined Judge who would send people to Hell, and God as a loving Father full of compassion and forgiveness?Terry Bridle (Christian Radio Producer)
About the Author
Eddie grew up in Hong Kong under a mixture of eastern and western religious influences. Becoming a Christian in Toronto in 1978, he later completed the core requirements of the Master of Theological Studies degree at Tyndale University College and Seminary. He and his wife Kathy have been married for thirty-eight years and have two children, Jason and Irene. Eddie and Kathy now make their home in Ottawa.
Respond to the Book
June smith: Hey, Eddie, Your blogs are so interesting and I read your fist chapter. I am so happy that you and Kathy are doing so [...]
Beverly Sotropa: I just read your book. How can I express the gratefulness I have that you went on this journey and took the time to document [...]
Brian McAuley: This book for me was like someone just opened the door of an old abandoned cabin and let the fresh air in. Having wrestled [...]
1. What About Those Who Have Never Heard?
2. What About God’s Sentence of Judgement in Genesis? DOWNLOAD FREE!
3. What About the Punishments in Genesis 3?
4. What About the Laws in the Old Testament?
5. What About Justice in the Bible?
6. What About God’s Wrath?
7. What About God’s Punishment for Sin?
8. What About “All Have Sinned” and “The Wages of Sin”?
9. What About Final Judgment in Hebrews 9:27?
10. What About Hell? DOWNLOAD FREE!
11. What About the Suffering Messiah in Isaiah 53?
12. What About Blood and Forgiveness in Hebrews 9:22?
13. What About Christ’s Death on the Cross?
14. So What?