- Our Legacy Through Choices We Make: Self-Indulgence or Obedience to Christ January 26, 2018The flesh is insatiable. The moment we yield to the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eye, or the boasting of what we have and do (1 John 2:16), we fall into a bottomless pit of self-gratification at the cost of relationships and agapé. The flesh will fool us into thinking we’re reaching […]
- Awestruck by Michael Jackson January 10, 2018In the Graham Norton New Year’s Eve show, a junior actor-singer guest was describing his chance encounter with Michael Jackson on the phone. He was crying, shaking, and could hardly stand, simply because Michael Jackson knew about his musical accomplishments, talked with him, and encouraged him. He was literally awestruck that Michael Jackson knew about […]
- Seeking God’s Heart January 9, 2018David displays total reliant on God in the Psalms in response to dangers and attacks from enemies. He almost seems passive but we know he’s not. We should learn from how David seeks after God when he’s in trouble. We know from biblical accounts that when David’s army went to war, he fell into adultery, […]
- Hurricanes, Earthquakes, and Wild Fires October 12, 2017I’ve read up to 1 King 19. Elijah feared for his life and complained about being the lone follower of YHWH. God revealed himself to him not through a great and strong wind that “tore into the mountain and broke the rocks in pieces” (v.11), nor in an earthquake, nor in a fire. “After the […]
- King David’s Dependency on God September 19, 2017I’ve read up to 2 Samuel 22. After putting down Absalom’s rebellion, David had to continue to consolidate his rule through more wars and rebellions. Joab turned out to be a ruthless and capable soldier and commander, David’s proverbial hatchet man. Chapter 22 is essentially a psalm of praise from David, who saw himself blameless […]
What Readers Say
How DO you reconcile the character of God as a disciplined Judge who would send people to Hell, and God as a loving Father full of compassion and forgiveness?Terry Bridle (Christian Radio Producer)
About the Author
Eddie grew up in Hong Kong under a mixture of eastern and western religious influences. Becoming a Christian in Toronto in 1978, he later completed the core requirements of the Master of Theological Studies degree at Tyndale University College and Seminary. He and his wife Kathy have been married for thirty-eight years and have two children, Jason and Irene. Eddie and Kathy now make their home in Ottawa.
Respond to the Book
Williamver: Really appreciate you sharing this post.Really looking forward to read more. Maclauchlan
June smith: Hey, Eddie, Your blogs are so interesting and I read your fist chapter. I am so happy that you and Kathy are doing so [...]
Beverly Sotropa: I just read your book. How can I express the gratefulness I have that you went on this journey and took the time to document [...]
1. What About Those Who Have Never Heard?
2. What About God’s Sentence of Judgement in Genesis? DOWNLOAD FREE!
3. What About the Punishments in Genesis 3?
4. What About the Laws in the Old Testament?
5. What About Justice in the Bible?
6. What About God’s Wrath?
7. What About God’s Punishment for Sin?
8. What About “All Have Sinned” and “The Wages of Sin”?
9. What About Final Judgment in Hebrews 9:27?
10. What About Hell? DOWNLOAD FREE!
11. What About the Suffering Messiah in Isaiah 53?
12. What About Blood and Forgiveness in Hebrews 9:22?
13. What About Christ’s Death on the Cross?
14. So What?